Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Guide to the Laws of Motion

Prior to the book, there was a blog...By way of introduction, let me mention that I recently finished my book about my fossil fuel free adventure around the United States. The Laws of Motion, a memoir travel narrative, takes a classic theme, the American road trip, and transforms it into a modern search for meaning, the vehicle of discovery a 15-year-old biodiesel Jetta with 200,000 miles on it. In the summer of 2009, I left my newly-purchased foreclosure home on the Monterey Peninsula and began a trip that would take me from California to Florida, up the east coast to Maine, and back across the northern Midwest. This blog chronicled my travels as they happened. Below is an interactive Google map featuring videos, photos, and text. Below the map is a table of contents--state by state, entry by entry.

Whatever road you travel, may it take you where you are meant to be.







Transmissions from the Golden State:

Emissions from the Grand Canyon State:

Communiques from Zion National Park, Utah:

Reflections from the Land of Enchantment, New Mexico:

Pipeline from Texas:

Lifelines from the Louisiana Bayous:

Keeping Georgia on my Mind (for a sec):

A Soundbyte from the Sunshine State

Another Big Ol' Lie from South Carolina

Missives from the Nation's Capitol

Throwin' Out Some Love to "Balmore, Hon"

Contradictions and Massachusetts Communications:

Gathering Storm Clouds and Thinking Caps from Maine

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for visiting my blog. I haven't seen the Koi fish near Mission, at least not consciously, but have to watch out for. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Whenever people agree with me I always feel I must be wrong.
- Oscar Wilde

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin